Monday, November 19 2018
Spruitdrift Primary School WTP, Vredenberg
A2V in partnership with Conns Water Solutions designed and installed a plant for treating canal water to potable standard for the learners and teachers.
The plant comprises the following elements:
- in-line dosing of coagulant into a pipe flocculator;
- iron and heavy metal removal by DMI-65 filtration;
- fine particulate filtration through zeolite filter media and;
- liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlortie) disinfectant dosing.
Bay Hotel, Camps Bay
A2V in partnership with Conns Water Solutions designed and installed a water treatment plant to treat borehole water containing iron and manganese to drinking water standards for use in the hotel. The water was also stabilized to prevent corrosion to the hotels aging pipe infrastructure.
Constantia Uitsig Effluent Treatment Plant
A2V designed and supplied a new effluent treatment plant to the new winery completed in 2017.
The plant comprises the following:
- locally manufactured inclined auger screen to remove skins and pips from the effluent
- settling tank to remove settle-able solids
- pH balancing tank
Morester Water Treatment Plant, Saron
A2V carried out an upgrade to the exiting water treatment plant for Quantum Foods at thier Morester Farm. The project included an analysis of the existing system, which had fallen out of use, and recommendations on its upgrade. The project comprised the following:
- supply of a duplex zeolite filter system with automated backwash
- supply of the coagulation and settling system including a circular tube settler new dosing equipment and actuated valves for sludge wasting
- supply and installation sodium hypochlorite dosing system for disinfection.
- supply of a pH adjustment system
The plant was installed into the existing plant room with minimal disruption to the farm water supply. The existing reservoir and level controls were retained as part of the new system.
Wednesday, November 14 2018
New Factory Upgrade, Sopura, Westake
A2V assisted Sopura in upgrading their new premises to a custom designed chemicals manufacturing facility as a turnkey project. Our scope of work included the design and supply of following:
1. A platform supporting mixing tanks for batch mixing of various chemicals.
2. An epoxy lined bund to contain any corrosive chemical spills from the manufacturing process.
3. Hoods and extraction systems for ventilation corrosive, toxic fumes
4. An effluent plant for pre-treating effluent prior to disposal to the municipal sewer.
KWV Water Treatment Plant, Paarl
A2V in joint venture with Conns Water and Sopura, designed and installed a water treatment system to remove iron and manganese from borehole water using a catalytic filter media called DMI-65.
The plant is design to treat 25m3/hr using Chlorine dioxide as an oxidant and disinfectant to minimize the risk of chlorine byproduct formation. A pH adjustment is also included in the process to improve the removal efficiency and stabilize the water to prevent corrosion downstream.
This was a fast track project during the water crisis in 2017 and was commissioned within 4 weeks from confirmation of order.