Wednesday, November 14 2018
New Factory Upgrade, Sopura, Westake
A2V assisted Sopura in upgrading their new premises to a custom designed chemicals manufacturing facility as a turnkey project. Our scope of work included the design and supply of following:
1. A platform supporting mixing tanks for batch mixing of various chemicals.
2. An epoxy lined bund to contain any corrosive chemical spills from the manufacturing process.
3. Hoods and extraction systems for ventilation corrosive, toxic fumes
4. An effluent plant for pre-treating effluent prior to disposal to the municipal sewer.
Monday, April 23 2018
A2V recently completed the air extraction and treatment system to NGK’s newest manufacturing line at their facility in Airport Industria, Cape Town. As per previous projects, the system extracts air contaminated with xylene and other benzine type organic contaminants and treats it through a particulate filter to remove ash, followed by activated carbon filter to remove the organic vapors, before discharging the treated air to atmosphere.
The project also included AC supply to maintain the air temperature in the process at optimal levels as well as the fresh air supply to the operator workstations on the line.
This is the third system that A2V have installed as a turnkey project for NGK and continue to service.
Friday, November 08 2013
Albion Chemicals (Pty) Ltd – Factory Upgrade
Albion Chemicals (Pty) Ltd appointed A2V as Project Managers and Engineers for the upgrade to their facility in Paarden Eiland. The project included the following:
– A new flammable products store for Acetone, Benzine, Turpentine, Methylated Spirits and Thinners. The store included ventilation and foam injection systems design.
– A new emergency bund facility and increased storage capacity for Sodium hypochlorite and Hydrochloric Acid.
– Improved loading area drainage and installation of an emergency pump sump and all of the associated pumping equipment.
– A new bottling facility with improved safety features and process control.
– Construction of a new workshop and change rooms.
– A new Fire Protection System and upgraded security system .
A2V were responsible for every aspect of the project from inception:
– Planning permission and approvals
– Design and drawings
– Specification and tenders
– Appointment, co-ordination and supervision of contractors
– Final Certifications
The facility upgrade was carried out with the factory in full production, requiring careful planning and co-ordination of activities. It was commissioned in August 2013.
Monday, February 11 2013
Protea Chemicals – New Chlorine Store
The ventilation system was designed to ensure early detection of leaks with chlorine sensors situated at low points in the collection zone. The sensors activate the emergency extraction and scrubbing system and close the exits in the event of a tank rupture. The floor of the storage area is designed to be effectively ‘swept’ by even extraction via a low level extraction manifold located along one side of the facility.
A2V also carried out the Fire Prevention Plan for the new facility which was commissioned in September 2013.
Tuesday, January 22 2013
NGK Ceramics – Gas Extraction and Carbon Adsorbtion System
A2V were appointed to design an air extraction and filtration system for one of NGK Ceramic’s new manufacturing process. The new manufacturing process produces a number of organic solvents as vapours, including xylene, ethyl benzene, n-buthanol, ethanol and methanol. Of these solvents, benzene is restricted in terms of the National Air Quality Act (2004). The limit is currently 10 ug/m3 and will be amended to 5 ug/m3 in 2015.