Friday, November 08 2013
Albion Chemicals (Pty) Ltd – Factory Upgrade
Albion Chemicals (Pty) Ltd appointed A2V as Project Managers and Engineers for the upgrade to their facility in Paarden Eiland. The project included the following:
– A new flammable products store for Acetone, Benzine, Turpentine, Methylated Spirits and Thinners. The store included ventilation and foam injection systems design.
– A new emergency bund facility and increased storage capacity for Sodium hypochlorite and Hydrochloric Acid.
– Improved loading area drainage and installation of an emergency pump sump and all of the associated pumping equipment.
– A new bottling facility with improved safety features and process control.
– Construction of a new workshop and change rooms.
– A new Fire Protection System and upgraded security system .
A2V were responsible for every aspect of the project from inception:
– Planning permission and approvals
– Design and drawings
– Specification and tenders
– Appointment, co-ordination and supervision of contractors
– Final Certifications
The facility upgrade was carried out with the factory in full production, requiring careful planning and co-ordination of activities. It was commissioned in August 2013.